Every woman, faced with the appearance of gray hair on her head, shudders in horror. Sometimes it is one or two silver threads that are invisible to others and do not cause panic in their owner. But sometimes with age, due to a lack of vitamins, exposure to stress factors, beautiful female curls lose their color and become covered with gray hair. You can mask imperfections. And even necessary, as many women believe. Therefore, to this day, issues such as rejuvenation and hair coloring are relevant. The technology of dyeing gray hair is special, it differs significantly from household home. And this should be remembered.
What is gray hair and why does it occur
When the hairline begins to completely lose pigmentation, gray hair appears. We can say that all the juices come out of the former hair. This happens due to the fact that melanocytes stop producing melanin, a coloring matter. The magic pigment is replaced by air - the gray hair is filled with oxygen molecules.
Causes of pigment loss:
- time - with agemelanin in the body becomes less and less, therefore, aging, a person loses hair color;
- stress - under the influence of negative events and factors, the coloring pigment is also destroyed;
- hormonal disorders;
- graying due to past illnesses.
Features of gray hair coloring
In order to properly dye gray hair, you need to know everything about them. Distinguish the types of gray hair, the causes of its occurrence, study the structure of the hair, properly prepare the tools, observe all the norms of preliminary and main pigmentation with accuracy. And of course, you should not perform such a complex procedure without having the appropriate skills and qualifications.
In its texture, gray hair differs from pigmented hair, therefore it requires special dyeing conditions. During the usual dyeing procedure, the hair actively accepts the water that is part of the pigmenting solution, so the result is a bright and lasting shade. In the case of gray hair, everything is different.
Typology of gray hair
Every woman appreciates her beauty and wants to be flawless, so it is very important to color your hair correctly. The coloring technology directly depends on factors such as the typology and cause of graying, the structure and condition of the hair.
According to the type of gray hair, one can distinguish focal and scattered. Focal gray hair - one that appears zonal, for example, on the temples or on the forehead. Scattered gray hair - uniform distribution of gray hair throughouthead.
The degree of staining is distinguished:
- Easy to color gray hair (for thin and soft hair). With this type, the pigment easily penetrates into the hair.
- Normally dyed gray hair (with medium thickness and stiffness) requires certain conditions to be met, for example, a 6% oxidant to achieve an ideal result.
- Difficult-to-color gray hair (with hard and brittle hair). Another name is vitreous gray hair, it is very difficult to paint over, it is impossible to do without preliminary procedures.
In order for the result to be as close as possible to the natural, the technology for performing hair coloring requires the correct selection of the coloring matter. The first thing a specialist thinks about is the selection of a pigmenting composition. For hair with a moderate amount of gray hair, a physical dye contained in a tinted shampoo, tonic or gel is quite suitable. These products may not be the most resistant, but they give a natural color and are available for use at home. With the help of a demi-permanent dye, you can transform soft hair that is not completely covered with gray hair. These dyes contain peroxide in order to make high-quality hair coloring possible. The technology of dyeing with a demi-permanent dye is not much different from household dye and has an average durability. For completely depigmented hair, a permanent dye is used. Staining is stable and long-lasting due to the oxidizing agents that make up the coloring solution.Etching, or coloring with pre-treatment, is ideal for "glass" gray hair. It acts on the scales of the hair, opening them so that the pigment gets into the very depths of the hair. Modern hair coloring technologies involve prepigmentation when necessary. In particular, with complete, root or uneven distributed (focal) gray hair. The process itself consists in applying special dyes saturated with pigment to the gray areas of the hair before the general treatment.
With depigmentation, a woman more than ever thinks about the fact that she needs hair coloring. The technology of coloring gray hair also involves the correct selection of shade. If you don’t feel like or impossible to consult on this issue with the master, you should remember a few simple but practical tips from professionals:
- In order to achieve the effect of naturalness, the color of the dye should be a couple of tones lighter than natural.
- It is worth avoiding strong contrasts between the color of the skin and hair, so as not to emphasize facial defects.
- It's better not to use overly bright colors, so as not to get the effect of liquid hair.
- You should not dye your gray hair with henna or basma - you risk giving your hair a green tint.
- Since hair can grow up to one and a half centimeters a month, it is worth making visits to the beauty salon and hair color correction regular.
Technique for coloring gray hair
Recommendations for choosing a tone and choosing a dye are known,further it is necessary to make the correct coloring of gray hair. The technology must be observed exactly, otherwise the result can be disastrous. Therefore, it is best to visit a beauty salon. However, it is important and necessary for every woman to know some secrets of coloring gray hair.
- Dye should first be applied to gray areas.
- If the hair is lightened by more than 2 tones, it is better to start dyeing from the back of the head, applying the mixture liberally along the entire length of the hair.
- If hair is heated during processing, the dyeing time can be reduced by up to 50%.
- It is better to wash off the dye starting with emulsification - a light massage, after which you can rinse with a strong stream of water, and only then apply shampoo and balm.
Gray hair is not a sentence, or fashionable hairstyles are available to everyone
Fashionistas and lovers of extraordinary hairstyles do not have to worry about the appearance of gray hair, because they also have access to the most modern dyeing technologies. For example, 3D hair coloring. The technology is rather complicated, but accessible to everyone, of course, with a skillful approach and professionalism of the master. The difficulty lies in the very technique of typing hair and determining the color scheme. The pigmented segments are superimposed on each other in layers, while the paint is selected in the same color, but in different shades.
For those who appreciate bright overflows, another trendy technology is available - amber. Hair coloring from a lighter tone to a darker one or vice versa. Here, gray hair can even play into your hands, butonly with the right approach and choice of colors.
There is a category of women who do not hide their age and carry all signs of wisdom with pride. They are convinced that gray hair can look beautiful if you properly care for your hair. And there is. There are no ineffectual women, there is a wrong attitude towards oneself. Love yourself and be happy!
Read more about gray hair coloring at Luv.ru.