Lemon hair oil has been popular as a hair care product not so long ago. In most pharmacies and household chemical stores, you can buy lemon essential oil - this is a mixture of natural volatile aromatic substances that effectively fights inflammation and irritation of the scalp, dandruff, dullness, and hair loss. Another valuable property of this tool is the ability to lighten previously undyed hair by one or two tones. The girls adopted this information and began to actively use lemon oil for hair as part of complex masks and as an independent remedy.
Properties and benefits of essential oil
Lemon essential oil has the following properties:
- Whitening - if the hair has not been previously dyed with permanent dye, then with the help of oil you can lighten it by a couple of tones.Often girls use this tool to get rid of freckles that appear on the nose with the first rays of the spring sun.
- Cleansing and drying - lemon oil for hair can be used to get rid of oily seborrhea, which provokes dandruff and premature hair loss.
- The bactericidal properties of lemon oil make it effective in fighting scalp dermatitis caused by fungus.
- Firming - lemon essential oil has a local light warming effect, which increases blood circulation in the upper layers of the scalp. The follicles receive more nutrients, so the hair grows faster and does not fall out.
Important note: if scalp diseases are provoked by alopecia (baldness due to hormonal imbalance in the body), then the use of lemon hair oil will not bring the expected effect. You should visit a trichologist and, after the examination, take a course of prescribed drugs.
Possible allergic reaction to lemon oil
Girls who are predisposed to allergic reactions should conduct a special test before use. Apply a drop of pure concentrated lemon essential oil to the inner crook of your elbow. If hives, blisters and itchy skin do not appear within a day, then you can experiment with adding lemon oil to hair masks.
You can safely mix olive, linseed, burdock with it,castor oil. Lemon essential oil mixes well with them to a homogeneous consistency. Depending on the purpose of use, you can choose one or another component for yourself. For example, castor oil makes hair denser and more voluminous, olive oil restores the structure, burdock oil strengthens follicles, egg yolk and honey give a he althy shine.
Reviews of lemon hair oil indicate that an allergic reaction is possible in rare cases. If after application pain is felt, and the treated area turns red, you should immediately wash off the composition and choose a different care product.
Scalp massage to stimulate growth
How to perform this procedure? Walkthrough:
- Wet your fingertips with concentrated lemon essential oil.
- Pre-comb your hair with a massage brush. Touch the skin with your fingertips.
- Massage by moving the skin directly. Do not rub it with your fingers, this will cause damage to the hair. Just move the skin 0.5 cm along the bone underneath.
- Five minutes later, the face will turn red - this is a sure sign that the massage is performed correctly. Blood rushed to his head. This means that the follicles receive enough nutrition to stimulate growth.
This method allows you to accelerate hair growth up to one and a half to two centimeters per month. Massage should be performed once a day, optimally - before bedtime. The result is he althy, long and thick hair.
Hair Follicle Strengthening Blend: Lemon & Red Pepper
Buy two bottles at the pharmacy: an alcohol tincture of red hot pepper and lemon essential oil. Mix one teaspoon of both components, add one raw chicken egg yolk. Blend until smooth.
Apply with finger directly to scalp, parting hair. Ten minutes after application, a moderate burning sensation will begin. There will be a feeling that the head is in a warm hat (as it should be). Tincture of red hot pepper provokes a rush of blood to the scalp.
You need to make such a mask once a week for one hour. You can wash it off with any shampoo - sulfate-free or regular mass market.
The result of the regular implementation of such a procedure is lush, thick hair, the growth rate is one and a half to two centimeters per month.
Mustard mask with lemon oil
Ingredients for this mask:
- teaspoon dry mustard powder;
- tablespoon of lemon essential oil;
- tablespoon olive or linseed oil;
- half a teaspoon of sugar;
- one raw chicken egg yolk.
Mix all the ingredients and apply to the scalp, dividing the hair into partings. A mask with mustard in the composition should not be applied directly to the hair sheet - this will lead to their dryness. The recipe is effective in accelerating hair growth and strengthening them.
Five minutes after applying the composition, a local warming action will begin. This is how it should be: due to the warming effect,rush of blood to the hair follicles. The result - the hair grows quickly and does not fall out.
Oil blend firming mask
Lemon essential oil and olive oil for hair have a nourishing effect. Mix one tablespoon of both oils. If the girl has long hair, more may be needed. Apply a thin layer over the entire surface of the hair: from roots to ends. Lemon essential oil and olive oil for hair are a great choice for owners of dry, damaged and brittle hair.
The exposure time of such a mask is from one to two hours. After application, the head can be wrapped with a plastic bag and a woolen scarf. You can make a mask two or three times a week, rinse with regular shampoo, then you can use the entire usual care complex (balm, mask, thermal protection and styling products). The result of regular use of a hair mask with olive oil and lemon ether is a shiny, thick and nourished hair.
Mask with honey: brighten and heal
Fresh flower honey can lighten uncolored strands by one or two tones. Essential lemon oil has the same effect. You can mix a teaspoon of fresh honey and a couple of tablespoons of lemon oil, mix thoroughly. Apply to those parts of the hair that the girl wants to lighten.
Hair mask with honey and lemon oil also has caring properties. The strands after it look light and at the same time well-groomed. The reviews of the girls who tried this recipe indicate that inunlike clarifying powder, the home method using honey does not spoil the hair structure at all. On the contrary, after applying this mask, they shine with strength and he alth.
Mask with coconut oil for unreal hair shine
Masks with coconut oil and lemon for hair can be used for a variety of problems, but this remedy is especially valued for its moisturizing and nourishing properties. Ideal for dry ends prone to splitting and breakage. It also has a beneficial effect on the scalp: soothes, relieves irritation, helps fight fungal diseases, prevents their appearance.
Mix a tablespoon of lemon oil and the same amount of liquid coconut oil. Apply to the entire surface of the hair: from roots to ends. The result is a softening of the manifestations of dry seborrhea, a decrease in fragility along the entire length. But the best part, judging by the reviews of the girls, after such a mask, the tips become soft, and the section is completely invisible.
Mixture of burdock, lemon and castor hair oils
Castor oil is famous for its ability, with regular use, to make hair voluminous, thicker. And the result is not just visual - they actually become thicker.
Burdock oil is ideal for those who suffer from slow hair growth and hair loss. The lemon oil in this formula acts as a component that gives shine and shine, like in a shampoo commercial.
So it shouldmix one tablespoon of castor, lemon and burdock oil. A hair mask with lemon involves the addition of essential oil. some girls use juice directly from ripe fruit instead. Well, you can do that too. Just remember: lemon juice is a very aggressive component, if you decide to add it to the mask, then just a few drops are enough.
Apply the mixture all over the hair, from roots to ends. Wash off after an hour and a half with regular shampoo. Even without the use of factory masks and balms, the hair will shine after it dries! With regular use of such a mask (at least once a week), the hair becomes thicker, thicker, and hair loss stops.
Lightening hair with lemon oil at home
The final result of using lemon essential oil is influenced by factors:
- The thickness of the hair cuticle. The thicker it is, the worse the pigment is washed out.
- The harder the hair, the harder it is to lighten.
- Natural shade. Light curls are the fastest to lighten, dark ones are worse.
Gently apply lemon essential oil to the entire surface of the hair, or to individual strands. Warm up with a hair dryer so that the hair warms up a little (this is necessary to enhance the brightening effect). If there is an opportunity to go out into the sun, it’s generally wonderful, under its rays you can lighten your hair by two or three tones.
Recommendations for successfully lightening hair with lemon oil:
- Owners of tough and naughty hairbefore lightening at home, you should make a softening mask so that the lemon oil is evenly distributed over the entire surface of the hair.
- You can use pure essential oil for lightening, but the procedure will be more effective if you add a few drops of fresh lemon juice to it.
- It is necessary to apply the composition as abundantly as possible - if there are areas of hair on which there is little mixture, they will not lighten.
- If the procedure takes place on a sunny day, after applying it is better to go out with an uncovered head on the balcony or in the yard for half an hour.
- After the composition is washed off, use a moisturizing mask.
Aroma Combing Treatment with Lemon Oil
Aroma combing is a pleasant and useful procedure. Buy a natural bristle comb. Lightly moisten the tips of the bristles with lemon essential oil.
Tilt your head down and comb your hair from roots to ends for ten minutes. Such aroma combing is best done before going to bed: pleasant dreams are provided. The result for hair - they look lush, shiny and he althy. If you carry out the aroma combing procedure every evening, then the follicles receive the necessary stimulus, the hair begins to grow faster, falls out less, new ones grow.