After the area of the skin around the eyes in terms of sensitivity and tenderness, lips are in second place. Their injury leads to quite strong painful sensations, and the appearance becomes completely unattractive. In addition, an unfavorable external environment accelerates the aging process - the lips become wrinkled, cracks appear, and the natural pink color disappears. That is why it is so important to properly care for and heal your lips, especially in the autumn-winter period, when weather conditions begin to have a particularly aggressive effect on the body.
Cosmetic and natural essential oils for lips are the most effective and intensive products for the care of this part of the face. However, there are a great many of them, and each such remedy has its own healing properties. This article will tell you why you need lip oil, how cosmetics differ from natural ones, as well as some rules for choosing essential oils.
Classification of oils
All these products can be divided into the followingCategories:
Each of the oils is effective in its own way and is able to help and protect damaged lips in the shortest possible time. The right lip oil can also not only heal them, but also make them more attractive - it is only important to know the basic properties of individual products.
Natural vegetable oils
Natural or base oils are extracts obtained from seeds, seeds and nuts. The concentration of nutrients in them is unusually high, which has a beneficial effect on the regeneration of the skin. The main vegetable oils that are most often used for lip treatment are:
- Wheat germ.
- From grape seeds.
- From avocado pits.
To eliminate flaking and dryness, use a lip oil derived from olive and almond. Reviews of the results of their use also indicate the simultaneous treatment of minor injuries, skin renewal and the return of color. With regular use, the shade becomes more saturated, and the skin becomes soft.
Wheat germ oil actively nourishes lips. This remedy is used for severely cracked lips, as well as for the occurrence of abscesses and acne. Wheat germ oil has extraordinary healing properties. Even fairly large cracks and jams with regular application can be eliminated in just a matter of days. In addition, this oil can also be used to prevent damage.
The best oils for moisturizing and improving elasticity are grape and avocado seed extracts.
Natural essential oils
Essential oils are extracted from plants by extraction or pressing. As a rule, these products have a strong characteristic smell. Most often, essential oil for lips is added as a concomitant component to the vegetable. However, each ethereal essence has its own beneficial properties.
For lips, the following oils will be most useful:
- Shea, or shea.
- Tea tree.
Properties of natural oils
If you need to give your lips extra volume, you can try mint or lemon lip oil. Feedback from women who have used this method indicates a slight, but still visually noticeable change in the result in a positive direction.
Use a small amount of lemon balm essence and castor oil to refresh color and increase blood circulation.
Lavender, coconut, tea tree have an excellent antiseptic and caring effect. In addition, lavender oil is indispensable for herpes and inflammatory lesions on the lips.
If cracksformed as a result of long walks in winter with strong winds, cocoa butter for lips will contribute to the speedy healing.
As a prophylaxis and additional moisturizing, experts recommend using jojoba, almond, peach oils. The best nutritious products are hazelnut extract, rose essence and shea butter for lips. In addition, these substances can effectively protect delicate skin from the damaging effects of frost, snow, wind.
For those who do not have the time or inclination to mix ingredients to create balms at home, the following are the most famous and noteworthy lip cosmetic oils:
- Clarins. Currently, it has two lip care products in its range: Multi-Hydratante (moisturizing cream) and Multi-Régénérante (regenerating cream). The first product contains rose oil, the second contains raspberry. Shea butter is also present in each of the balms.
- Nivea. One of the most popular manufacturers of lip cosmetics containing natural oils. The line of balms has several flavors based on the base essence: vanilla, raspberry, caramel. The main ingredients are almonds and shea butter.
- Stenders. Products of this brand are considered premium cosmetics. The composition contains a large number of natural ingredients: shea, rose, coffee, cranberries. The firm texture is the distinguishing feature thatpossesses this lip oil. Customer reviews indicate that this does not affect the quality of its application and absorbency.
- The Body Shop brand is quite interesting due to the presence of non-standard, but no less attractive aromas: wild argan, hemp oil, strawberry, mango, pink grapefruit. Any Body Shop lip oil actively nourishes and moisturizes lips, making them softer and smoother. The main form of release is cream jars.
How to choose lip oil?
Products designed for lip care, a large number. Enough to get confused when choosing. To make your task easier, make it a rule when choosing such a product to pay attention to the following important properties:
- Max natural ingredients.
- Highly absorbent.
- Specific Purpose (Treatment, Protection, Hydration).
- Convenient release form.
- No allergenic ingredients.
Despite its beneficial properties, any lip oil can be harmful if used excessively and in the wrong dosage. If you use natural essential products, be sure to mix them in the following proportion: 1 drop of essence to 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. It is best to lubricate the lips at night or before leaving the house.