Modern men pay as much attention to their hairstyle as women do. But still their main requirements are ease of styling and hair care. That is why the half-box haircut is popular. It is believed that this hairstyle originated in the USA. She was most often chosen by athletes. But thanks to its practicality and versatility, it has become popular among men of all ages.
The half-box haircut is classic and suits almost all the representatives of the stronger sex. It is distinguished from others by a shaved occipital-temporal region and a clear edging line. It is also important that the transition from short to long strands be smooth.
At the request of the client, the master can leave bangs. The elongated version is suitable for self-confident young people who like to create various styling. You can experiment with the length of the hair at the back of the head - it can be either short or longer. Or make a drawing - this option is especially often chosen for children's haircuts or young people who want to add originality to their image.
Men's half-box haircut has a number of advantages that make it so popular:
- This hairstyle goes well with any style of clothing. The image is fashionable and masculine.
- This haircut makes a man look younger.
- Easy styling and hair care.
- Makes curly hair more manageable.
- Highlights facial features, making them even more expressive.
The half-box haircut is also universal: it looks good on any hair (both straight and curly) and suits owners of any face shape.
Despite the versatility of the haircut, you still need to take into account some features of appearance in order to maximize the dignity of a man. The semi-box looks especially good on owners of an oval or round face.
The easiest way to do it on straight and thick hair. But an experienced master will be able to make this stylish haircut on curly hair. Due to the fact that the hair at the temples is of minimal length, the face becomes more open. Therefore, a semi-box is especially suitable for men with a beautiful line of cheekbones and expressive features.
What you need
To create a half-box haircut, you will need:
- Straight scissors.
- Milling scissors.
- Car with various attachments.
An experienced master can make a half-box haircutmachine and comb. However, in order to make the hairstyle more accurate, you should use the listed tools.
It can be done even at home, because to create this hairstyle does not need any special hairdressing skills. Below is a step-by-step implementation of a half-box haircut.
An important nuance - this hairstyle provides for a double edging. Therefore, work should begin with the design of the temples and the back of the head, and only then proceed to work with the lower border of the hair. You need to do a haircut on washed hair and comb it in the direction of growth.
- With straight scissors, mark where the transition between long and short hair will take place. Then, from the central part of the nape, the hair is cut alternately on both sides. With a typewriter or scissors (here you need to choose what is more convenient to work with), the strands are shortened to the desired length. When working with very thick hair, it is better to use the "comb" technique.
- Working with the temporal region, you need to take into account its features. If it is sunken, then the edge of the edging should be made slightly below the natural line. If the temporal region is convex, then it needs to be slightly raised. The upper temporal part should be cut at an angle of 45 °.
- The final touch of working with temples is the correction of strands to the desired short length.
- The edging of the temples is done using a typewriter.
- To make a smooth transition, you will need thinning scissors. It is done in the direction from the tips to the roots, about 3 cm above the controllines.
A properly done half-box haircut should have an oval shape. Excess hairs can be removed with a machine. Bangs are done at the very end of the haircut process.
The difference between a semi-box and a box
These hairstyles are very similar and are one of the most popular among short haircuts. But despite the similarities, there are differences between them. The difference in boxing and semi-boxing haircuts is that in the first version, the hair on the parietal part is shorter. In the second version, the edging line is made at the level of the back of the head or slightly lower. Also, in a haircut, boxing bangs are either not done at all, or they are not made too voluminous.
Styling for a half-box haircut is very easy to do. But she will look stylish and make the image of a man more spectacular.
- If you want to create an image of a daring and self-confident man, then you should make an artistic mess on the crown, lift the bangs and fix everything with gel.
- For business meetings, styling with combed to one side or back hair is suitable. Just don't use too much styling product to keep it neat and elegant.
- If the length allows, you can collect the hair in a ponytail. This option is suitable for self-confident people who are not afraid to experiment with hair.
Also, during styling, you need to pay attention to the bangs. You can tuck it on its side or back, lift it up a bit to add a bit of retro chic to your look. But a man's haircutthe semi-box looks good without any additional styling.
Features of children's haircuts
This hairstyle looks good on both adult men and boys. Only a children's haircut has its own characteristics that need to be considered:
- Before creating a hairstyle, you need to ask the child what kind of haircut he wants.
- It is not necessary for boys to do the classic half-box. Often, a children's haircut is complemented with patterns or drawings shaved at the temples. They are made on one or both sides. But if you decide to create a pattern on both parts, it is best to make them symmetrical.
Haircut for a half-box boy is a good choice for parents. It is practical - the child will be comfortable with it even in the hot season. And clear lines and smooth transitions create the image of a little gentleman. The half-box haircut for a boy is one of the most popular children's hairstyles.
When creating hairstyles, you need to pay attention to the condition of the back of the head. If there are moles there, then you need to be very careful while working. If there are small scratches, then it is better to transfer the haircut. To maintain the shape of the hairstyle, it is enough to visit the master once every 3-4 weeks. Then the haircut will have a neat and beautiful look.
Despite the simplicity and severity of the lines, the semi-box makes the male look more brutal and stylish. Also, this haircut goes well with any look, andthe ability to create different styling allows you to make it more spectacular and emphasize the masculinity of its owner.
Half box is a stylish classic that is easy to create at home. And the hairstyle will look elegant and concise. If it is selected and made taking into account the individual characteristics of appearance, then it will emphasize the dignity of a man. Some complement the haircut with coloring, but even without it, it looks impressive and noble, making a man a real gentleman.