When drawing up a basic wardrobe, many women pay attention to blue dresses, which are distinguished by a variety of models and styles, suitable for almost any life occasion and offer a lot of options for combining. Let's get acquainted with the main options for such outfits and find out what they can be worn with.
Let's consider what are the main advantages of blue dresses. There are several of them:
- First of all, this color is an integral part of the basic wardrobe, so it allows you to create a huge number of all kinds of combinations.
- Dark blue dress looks very formal, so you can wear it to work in the office, to an important event, to the theater, to a meeting with business partners. And if you diversify it with the help of an original accessory, you get an interesting option for informal communication: meeting with friends or a romantic date.
- Among the variety of shades of blue, a girl of any color type can choose something for herself.
- Blue dresses of even the most ordinary cut and casual style looksolemnly and elegantly, allowing its owner to attract everyone's attention.
Finally, these outfits are suitable for almost any style and any season, so they are considered universal.
There are several shades of blue that do not lose their relevance and are boldly offered by designers. The trend is both deep dark tones and gentle, light, giving rise to a romantic mood:
- cob alt;
- navy blue;
- cornflower blue;
- royal blue.
Each of them is good in its own way, any blue dress will look original and elegant with the right choice of accessories. So, dark gray-blue and cob alt shades are perfect for business-style outfits, but turquoise and blue-green will help create a romantic date. Any girl will look bright and seductive in an ultramarine or sapphire dress.
How to pair correctly
First of all, let's look at the primary colors that blue harmonizes with. It is generally accepted that the variations for combining are very diverse:
- With yellow, if the goal is to give the image a warm touch. For example, you can choose a bright sunny yellow scarf or belt for a blue dress, you get a fresh and unusual solution.
- With purple hues, for example, as an accessoryyou can take a violet-colored handbag, you get a cool stylish look.
- With green tones, which will also give the appearance of coldness and aristocracy.
- With shades of brown and beige, they make for an interesting everyday look.
- With white, this pure color goes well with almost everything, including a blue dress, so belt, shoes, purse, jewelry can be pure white.
- With red. A bright color should be used to create accents, for example, pair a dress with a red patent leather strap or clutch. However, such options are not acceptable with dresses in ultramarine or turquoise shades.
- With black, this combination is most appropriate in classic looks.
- With orange. A blue dress will look very beautiful with a bright orange jacket; both adult ladies and young girls can use this ensemble. The young and daring sometimes wear catchy orange tights paired with a shirt dress, while those who prefer more discreet variations wear platform shoes or a scarf. In any case, it will turn out unusual, stylish and positive.
There are many options for wearing blue dresses, and you can create a combination of more than two colors, feel free to add details, use prints. All this will help express your personality traits through clothing.
Let's consider which women, based on the color type, should actively include blue dresses in their wardrobe. First of all, thisrepresentatives of "Winter" and "Summer". But "Autumn" and "Spring" can also wear this beautiful outfit, the main thing is to decide on the shades. Detailed information on how to avoid mistakes is presented in the form of a table.
The main rule: the shade should be bright, catchy, delicate pastel colors are unacceptable for a stylish look.
The most winning options in this case are turquoise, aquamarine, cornflower blue. The outfit will look especially beautiful with yellow accessories or trim.
Preferred calm shades: sky blue, blue-gray, royal blue.
Blue-violet, blue-green, blue-black. A diluted color is preferred, this will create an interesting image. Pure colors, as well as faded shades, are best avoided.
The basic recommendations presented in the table will help women make the right choice of the shade of their perfect blue dress.
Mini and midi models
The photo of blue dresses shows that there are a huge number of different models and styles, it is easiest to choose one or another of them if you focus on the features of the figure. Let's get acquainted with some of the most interesting variations.
Short shift dress is a fashion choiceactive young girls who want to look good, but at the same time remain dynamic. Distinctive features of the model are the absence of sleeves and frills, a high collar with a straight cut and a mini length. For such clothes, knitwear is most often used, sometimes wool.
Blue baby dollars are a great choice for young romantic girls. These outfits resemble children's dresses due to the large number of frills, ruffles, airy fabrics, and lace trim. Most often distinguished by a high waist and short sleeves.
Best options for every day
For everyday wear, there is nothing better than a tunic dress, plain or decorated with a print. Thanks to their loose fit, they fit perfectly on almost any figure.
Blue shirt dresses came to the women's wardrobe from the men's, they are distinguished by their simplicity of cut, the absence of a large number of details, the silhouette is acceptable both loose and fitted.
A blue sheath dress should be in the wardrobe of any fashionista. It will come in handy when there is “nothing to wear”, as it will be appropriate in the office, at a gala event, and on a romantic date. In the photo below you can see several options for short dresses of this style.
When deciding what to choose for prom or to wear to the wedding of the best friend, many opt for a long blue dress that looks luxurious and magical, helps to create a fabulous look. There are many popular models:
- Godet (mermaid). Distinctivethe features of the dress are as follows: a tight-fitting silhouette to the knee, a strong expansion after it, an open back, a deep neckline, unusual variations (one strap thrown over the shoulders or completely open shoulders) are acceptable. For everyday life, such an outfit is not suitable, but a mermaid dress will be a real outlet for those who go to social events and want to impress.
- Smok (otherwise - a frilled dress). This maxi model is a light dress with a high waist, numerous frills begin under the bust, and almost any top is acceptable - with a cutout or formal, sleeveless and with bare shoulders, with spaghetti straps and carmen.
- A-silhouette. Another great option for a long blue dress that will become a lifesaver. You can wear this to a party, graduation, sister or friend's wedding. If you choose stylish silvery accessories along with it, you will get an unforgettable look.
Asymmetric outfits look very interesting - long in the back and short in the front, allowing you to demonstrate slender legs. Such dresses will be appropriate for girls of a sporty type, but for “puffy” ones, you should consider a long empire dress with a flowing silhouette, which will favorably emphasize the chest, but disguise the stomach and hips.
Creating an outfit
For a modern girl, it is of great importance to create a harmonious image, every detail of which is thought out and professionally integrated into the ensemble. Therefore, when deciding what to wear under a blue dress, you need to pick up a jacket in advance.or a jacket to throw on your shoulders on a cool evening, stylish shoes and, of course, accessories. A huge number of harmonious combinations are possible.
To a bright blue dress, you can safely wear beige sandals and take the same bag. To emphasize the main color, you can complement the image with small earrings, matching the outfit.
A blue dress with flowers is attractive on its own, so be careful with accessories, it is best to combine it with black or white shoes and a handbag, red or green tones are also acceptable.
You can create a bright look if you complement the blue dress with a yellow jacket and sandals, jewelry with gold motifs and a small beige belt.
Evening dresses will look most advantageous if you complement the image with black elements - a clutch, sandals, and matching earrings.
When creating an image, you should remember that the key rule of success is to use a small number of colors and shades that are in harmony with each other, and not try to put everything together in one outfit. Therefore, one or two parts will be enough.
A blue dress should be in every fashionista's wardrobe. It helps to create a huge number of fashionable modern images, thanks to the abundance of styles and models, any girl will look luxurious in this. By experimenting with accessories, you can look different every day.