Manicure and pedicure are important procedures that can not only maintain the beauty of nails, but also keep them he althy. And if almost everyone takes care of their hands, then many simply forget about their legs. However, it should be understood that they also need to be monitored. This article will discuss how to properly trim your toenails.
What is the difference between toenails and fingernails?
The nail plates on the hands and feet have several differences from each other. You should consider them in more detail:
- The speed at which nails grow. On the lower extremities, they grow more slowly than on the upper ones. This feature is an advantage, because thanks to it, a haircut can be done less frequently.
- Thickness. On the legs, the nail plates are coarser and thicker. This feature, unlike the previous one, is a problem, and it is most relevant for the thumbs. In connection with such a nuisance, it is necessary to resort to the help of various tricks to facilitate the care procedure.
- Problems caused by the use of closed shoes. First of all, we are talking about the growth of a significant layer of cuticles. They need to be constantly softened and trimmed. In addition, because of this, the nail plates often grow in.
And before you figure out how to cut your toenails, you should remember all the above features, as they require the use of special tools and tools.
How often do you need maintenance?
On the legs, the nail plates should be trimmed as they grow. You can not cut them at the root. Otherwise, the question will subsequently arise of how to properly trim an ingrown toenail. The optimal cutting length is 1-2 mm of a light nail plate. Subsequently, you need to stick to it, doing a pedicure every 2 weeks.
Sometimes the rate of growth may differ from the usual figures. In such a situation, the determination of the timing of care must be approached individually. Some may only need it once a month.
Distinctive features of nail treatment
So, how to cut your toenails? First you need to purchase all the necessary tools:
- Pedicure nippers. With their help, it will be possible not only to shorten the nail, but also to trim the burrs with keratinized rollers.
- Manicure scissors (rounded and straight). With their help, you can adhere to a certain shape and length of the plate.
- Finger divider for added convenience,make leaving more comfortable.
It is also necessary to purchase a pumice stone and cosmetics to treat the skin and plates.
Before starting the procedure, you should prepare your legs. First of all, you need to steam them in warm water with special oils and cosmetics. This procedure helps to moisturize the skin, simplify the processing of nails. The process will be painless.
Before you start it, you need to disinfect your feet. When figuring out how to properly trim your toenails, remember to be sure to get rid of any debris using a coarse brush. After that, it is recommended to treat the feet with any disinfectant.
When trimming your nails, try not to get too close to their pink part. We need to leave a small margin. It is not necessary to give the nails a rounded shape using scissors or nippers, as this is dangerous. Therefore, it is recommended to cut the nail plates at a right angle, which should be filed later.
And how to properly care for nails if they curl? In such a situation, you should not cut them, but constantly shorten them using a file. After some time, it will be possible to notice that the nail plates are straightened. Surely, not many people know how to properly cut their toenails in order to avoid ingrown. To do this, just do not square the plates, regularly processing sharp corners.
In most cases, foot care in children causes negative emotions. Especially often very young ones are capricious. To avoid such situations, it is worth resorting to the help of some recommendations. Thanks to them, the care procedure will be facilitated:
- The baby's foot should be wrapped using a towel or other cloth. Thanks to this, during care, you will not tickle the skin and cause not very pleasant emotions in the child.
- Using clippers or scissors with rounded edges, you will be able to avoid injury to the skin. The procedure itself should not be carried out more than 1 time in 10 days.
- How to cut a child's toenails correctly? This procedure can be carried out when the baby is sleeping. But at the same time, care should be taken to ensure that the lighting is good.
- Children's feet should be cared for after the bath. This will simplify the process of cutting the nail plates.
If the nail has grown in
How to cut the nail of the big toe, if it has grown in? There are several stages that will determine how exactly to carry out the care procedure. At the first stage, redness and significant discomfort appear during touching. In this situation, care can be carried out independently at home. First of all, the leg must be steamed to soften the nail plate. Then, gently prying, you can shorten the nail. Subsequently, in order to prevent such a situation, it is necessary to take care of the nails moregently and more often, avoiding strong shortening.
When observing the 2nd or 3rd stage (inflammation, pus, etc.), it is best to seek help from an experienced surgeon, as independent actions will entail even more trouble.
A few more recommendations
Let's repeat how to properly cut toenails. To begin with, you should know that care must be correct and constant. Then the procedure will become easy and pleasant. It is also worth using special products: a variety of creams, oils, masks and balms.
Pedicure, like manicure, also involves the use of nail coatings. Thanks to high-quality varnish, it will be possible to avoid cracks and chips on the nail plates. It is necessary to responsibly approach the choice of shoes so that they are not tight and uncomfortable.
With the help of a regular and proper pedicure, you will be able to keep your nails he althy and keep them looking beautiful. It is not recommended to save on the purchase of high-quality tools, cosmetics. Then the problems with ingrowth will not torment.