Many girls would dream of calling themselves a bright and mysterious red-haired beast, however, only a few were lucky. But what about the rest of the beauties? To the great happiness of the beautiful half of humanity, the beauty industry has opened to us such an amazing tool as hair dye, which can significantly transform curls in a few minutes, giving them a new color.
But there are a huge number of shades of red. Many of them are very capricious and not suitable for all beauties. And what to do? After all, not even every experienced stylist can accurately say with what particular hair color this or that young lady will look stunning. Needless to say about ordinary people who are not strong in hairdressing, they don’t understand anything at all.
We recommend reading this article, because in it we have collected the most complete information regarding the coveted red color!
What shades of red are there? Dark gamma
When the phrase “red hair” comes up in a conversation, most people immediately imagine a cheerful, mischievous girl with bright carrot or orange hair. But reallythe color studied in the article is much more diverse and has many shades and tones. Consider the most beautiful and popular next:
- A dark red color is very easy to confuse with brown, but if you look closely, you can see copper sparks in it. It suits almost all young ladies, except for pale-faced girls with light eyes.
- Dark copper - a color slightly similar to the previous one. But it will be an adornment for a person with olive, tanned or swarthy skin.
- Mahogany - a shade of red hair, more suitable for brunettes, can significantly transform a fair-haired person if she decides to completely change her image.
- Wine red is a proud and somewhat aristocratic color. Best suited for girls with swarthy or very tanned skin.
- Red-red is a rather extravagant color, so teenage girls or strong women who have a strong character and are not afraid of other people's opinions decide on it. It requires perfectly clear pale skin (no acne or age spots), well-defined facial lines and dark, almost black eyes.
Most popular light colors
Pay attention to the following colors, we recommend girls with blond hair, because brunettes and brown-haired women will have to undergo a series of unpleasant procedures for lightening or bleaching their hair. And this, firstly, may take too much time, and, secondly, deprive the beauty of half of the curls.
The most beautiful and popular light shades of red hair - who suits:
- Light red - will adorn girls with fair or pale skin.
- Golden-red - requires a well-groomed face, a well-defined eyebrow line and bright eyes.
- Apricot is the color that looks best on the hair of a young or young person, because it helps to emphasize youth, freshness and spontaneity.
- Orange is a very demanding color, it is chosen by girls of an "informal" appearance, a little strange, cheerful and very positive.
- Ginger, terracotta - the most versatile colors from the entire palette of shades of red. The hair is given a captivating brightness and liveliness.
- Honey is a wonderful color for brown-eyed or grey-eyed ladies, goes well with almost any color or skin tone.
- Red-blond - the most natural and as close to natural shade as possible. Suitable for all girls and most adult women who have light eyes and skin.
Should I dye my hair red?
It's hard to say what causes such insanity, but in recent years a huge number of girls prefer to paint in a bright, juicy, wild and captivating red color. Perhaps the whole point is that now many people have become adherents of mysticism. They believed in spirits, witchcraft, some even imagined themselves to be psychics. And in ancient times, girls with a similar shade of hair were equated with witches, they said that they knew how to charm and control people on a subconscious level. Is it for this reason that more and morebeautiful ladies rush to the store for a paint that will give their hair the coveted red tint? Or is the whole point that many men suddenly decided that girls with fiery hair color are the most passionate and memorable lovers? It is impossible to give a definite answer. But girls are not interested in him.
Therefore, stylists offer them recommendations regarding their preferred tone of red. If a person has natural hair color:
- Blonde. She'd better look for shades of copper, red, wine or plum.
- Blonde. So, ginger color, golden chestnut, terracotta will suit her.
- Dark chestnut or black. This girl should pay attention to the following shades of the red palette: burgundy, copper red, fiery red, cherry, dark orange and mahogany tone.
And it is also important to note that all redhead tones without exception have one big drawback. They are washed off very quickly, for this reason, many girls do not dare to dye their hair again. In order not to spoil their structure and appearance.
How to determine the right color?
We've said before that coveted redhead shades aren't as versatile as we'd like them to be. It is for this reason that many people who have radically changed their image are very often disappointed, not seeing in the mirror that captivating beauty that they had recently dreamed of. And this is not surprising, because it is important to choose the right tone. How exactly, we will tell further:
- Golden-red will decorate a girl with blueeyes and fair skin.
- Wheat-red is more suitable for green-eyed ladies with a pinkish skin tone.
- Pale peach will become the dignity of a girl with gray or blue-gray eyes and fair skin.
- If a girl is wondering what shade of red goes best with light brown eyes and warm skin tone, she should consider cinnamon.
- Juicy and cheerful carrot color will decorate a girl with green or hazel eyes and light or dark skin.
- Bronze tones will be the best decoration for a brown-eyed girl with pale skin.
And it is also important to say that women aged, whose hair has almost or completely lost their color - have become gray, it is recommended to refrain from reincarnation into a red beast. Because the result of staining will be unsuccessful. The color will be uneven and will barely last until the third shampoo.
How to dye your hair red?
You can answer the question formed in the title of the current section in different ways. And everything will depend on how much a beautiful person is ready to spoil her hair. After all, everyone knows that hair dye of red shades (like any other) has a detrimental effect on the condition of the hair. That is why for girls and women whose hair is damaged or falls out, breaks, splits and looks like straw, we recommend that you first carry out wellness procedures. Or dye your hair with natural dyes, which we will talk about a little later.
SoThere are three most acceptable staining methods. Using:
- ammonia-based coloring compound;
- special tonic - tinting shampoo;
- natural dyes, decoctions of herbs, spices, etc.
Of course, the safest and most gentle is the last way. But the first one gives the best result. And the second allows you to experiment with color more often without causing severe harm to your hair. Therefore, it is necessary to decide which method of dyeing hair in red shades (photos of the most interesting color options are presented in the article) on your own. Or after consulting with a stylist.
Best hair colors
Most girls and women use this particular coloring option. That's why we explore it first. So, which manufacturers offer us the choice of the desired red shades? Consider the most basic.
"Garnier Color and Shine". In this line, the French company offers us the following tones: 3.60 Black Cherry, 4.1 Frosty Chestnut, 4.26 Sweet Blackberry, 6.23 Hazelnut, 6.45 Copper Red, 6.65 Terracotta.
"Garnier Color Naturals". The same firm includes slightly different shades: 4.6 Flaming Ruby, 5.52 Mahogany, 7.3 Golden Blonde, 6.41 Passionate Amber, 7.4 Golden Copper, 7.40 Captivating Copper.
"Garnier Color Sensation". From this palette you can choose the following colors: 3.16 Deep Amethyst, 4.60 Rich Red, 5.62 Royal Garnet, 6.46 Fire Agate, 6.60 Imperialruby.
"Olia Garnier". 5.3 Golden chestnut, 5.25 Pearly chestnut, 5.5 Mahogany, 6.35 Caramel dark blonde, 6.43 Golden copper.
Also, the German company Syoss offers paint in red shades. Moreover, the line even has ammonia-free paint, which causes minimal damage to the hair.
Syoss (base palette). 4-2. Mahogany, 8-7 Caramel Blonde.
Syoss ProNature. 4-86 Praline Mix, 6-27 Metallic Copper Red, 6-77 Terracotta Mix.
Syoss Oleo Intense (ammonia-free paint). 3-82 Mahogany, 4-18 Chocolate chestnut, 4-60 Golden chestnut, 5-86 Caramel chestnut, 5-92 Deep red, 6-76 Shimmer copper.
It is better to choose the right tone with the help of a stylist. But if a girl believes that she can figure it out on her own, then we recommend that she focus on the tips presented in the article. And also look at the back of the package with paint. There are three natural shades that the selected color will surely suit. You can verify this by looking at the following photo.
Who suits the red hair color of Garnier Captivating Copper shade? Almost all young ladies, but dark-haired, will need lightening to get an intense color.
Best hair tonics?
The most popular and well-established product on the Russian market is the "brainchild" of the Rocolor company and is called quite simply and clearly -"Tonic", so remembering it is very easy. It is popular because it can dye absolutely any hair. And gray-haired ones too. However, the resulting color will last much less time than when stained with paint. But this is the best way to experiment with your image or change your hair color almost every week.
From the red shades of hair (we presented the photo of the current ones in the article), the following tones can be distinguished: 5.35 Red amber, 5.4 Mahogany, 6.54 Mahogany, 6.65 Indian summer, 7.3 Milk chocolate, 7.35 Golden walnut.
However, it is important to use a tinted shampoo correctly. How to do this, we will find out further.
Rules for applying tinted shampoo
So, after the beautiful person has chosen the tone she likes and brought the blue or dark green bottle home, she needs to:
- Comb your hair well.
- Wet them. But do not wash with any detergent!
- Then you should put on gloves and apply the composition to the curls.
- Important! Tonic is very runny, so it's important to handle it with care.
- How much shampoo do you need? Each young lady must answer this question on her own, because everything depends on the length and density of the hair. Usually a bottle is enough for five to six uses.
- Now you need to cover your head with a film or do not leave the bathroom, so as not to splatter the whole house with a coloring composition.
- After five to thirty minutes (depending on the desired color intensity), the tint shampoo can be washed off. But use cleansersfunds are prohibited, otherwise there will be no sense in staining, because the color will simply come off.
- If you don't like the result, you can partially wash it off. This time using regular shampoo. But you need to do it right away.
- If the color of the hair is completely satisfied, it is recommended to “reinforce” it with a balm and rinse with water with the addition of apple cider vinegar, citric acid or yellow citrus juice.
However, it is important to understand that dark hair will not acquire one of the light red shades, the photos of which were presented in the article earlier. They will become more shiny, but their color will not change. To do this, you will need to use a paint with a brightening effect or pre-bleach your hair with a special tool. But this significantly harms the curls.
Natural hair dyes
For girls who do not want to spoil their hair with chemical compounds, but also want to improve their he alth, experts recommend natural dyes. Getting the right components is not difficult at all, and the cost is quite acceptable.
So, what natural dyes help to give the hair a red tone:
- Henna is the most popular coloring agent with a healing effect. With proper handling, it allows not only to get a shade of red in the range from golden to dark, but also to make hair stronger, he althier, shiny, elastic and silky. In addition, henna has a beneficial effect on dormant bulbs, awakening them and accelerating hair growth.
- Cinnamon is a natural remedy that is not usednot only for coloring and healing hair, but also for skin care. Especially problematic and fading. The mask, which contains pure cinnamon, will give light hair a caramel sheen, red hair red, and dark hair golden. If brunettes and brown-haired women want to get a more intense shade of red hair color (a photo of a suitable option was presented above), they should add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or honey to the mixture. Then it will be possible to lighten the curls and give them the desired tone.
- Onion peel is the simplest and most affordable hair dye. Suitable for both blondes and brunettes. But the latter is recommended to pre-lighten hair with natural lemon juice.
- Black tea is a dye that gives hair an elegant red-brown color. But if you combine it with henna, you get an interesting dark red shade.
- Coffee - a tool that dyes hair in dark colors. But if you combine its power with henna (proportion 1: 3), it will be possible to give the curls a reddish-blond color.
How to care for red hair?
We have already noted earlier that without exception, all red tones have one big drawback: they are washed off very quickly. But you can still extend the life of the resulting shade, for this you need to follow simple tips.
To keep your hair red longer, you need:
- Use quality shampoos for colored hair. For example, the means of the brands Syoss, Elsev, Shauma have proven themselves well. From a series of products of the company "Garnier"you can highlight the shampoo "Garnier fructis persistent color".
- Every week make a mask, which consists of the following components: two yolks and one tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil (you can buy at any pharmacy). The mixture should be applied to the hair and kept for twenty minutes.
Thus, almost every beautiful person can call herself a bright and mysterious red-haired beast. The main thing is to choose your shade of red. Photos of the best options, coloring recommendations and care tips were presented in the article. Therefore, the reincarnation will not be difficult.