Today, girls and women, having largely achieved equality with representatives of the strong half of humanity, still want to remain gentle, playful and charming. And in this they can help the right style and image. It is this seductive and attractive Baby Doll dress that can turn even the most strict and nondescript girl into a mysterious beauty.
Where did the Baby Doll fashion come from
If we turn to history, then, for example, from the beginning of the twentieth century, one can see that dresses, so to speak, “with a sparkle” already existed. The only thing is that they were more modest and reserved than can be seen today.
The film "Dolly" helped to erase the usual lines in 1956, where the main character met her husband in an airy, weightless shirt. At the same time, there was not a hint of vulgarity; rather, this image was even innocent. The most liberated ladies took note of this outfit and hurried to their dressmakers. And closed straight-cut dresses began to change and turn into elegant,attractive dresses.
The next flash was Twiggy - an incredibly charming and fragile model with huge eyes and a disarming smile. Each of her miniature Baby Doll dresses was quite bold and did not give rest to either loyal fans or envious rivals.
After a decade, the Baby Doll fashion subsided and returned again only in the first decade of the 21st century thanks to John Galliano.
About Baby Doll Style
What is Baby Doll style these days? First of all, it must be borne in mind that this style will not suit overly erotic sports beauties or ladies over 40, as well as appetizing plumpers. Baby Doll outfits will look a bit ridiculous on these beautiful ladies.
There are several aspects that define this style:
- Bright, rich colors in clothes.
- Airy, weightless fabrics.
- Original fittings and trim - frills, lace, sequins, rhinestones.
- Girl-like hairstyles. Ponytails, pigtails, curls. And the presence of bows, rubber bands, rims is obligatory. But, of course, everything should be in moderation.
- Make-up should also look like a "doll" - clearly defined lips and eyebrows, lush eyelashes, the most realistic blush.
Baby Doll Dress
What should be the style of the Baby Doll dress? As mentioned above, a doll style dress should be playful and intriguing. Namely:
- It should be short, knee length,but not lower. True, the minimum length should also be in moderation, you should not cross the line of vulgarity.
- Airy, fluffy skirt around the dress will give it a certain zest.
- Silhouette fitted or high waisted.
- Hands and décolleté area can be as open as possible.
- As mentioned above, bright colors and unusual prints - sponges, bows, hearts, as well as original accessories.
Where to wear Baby Doll clothes
Baby Doll style is, first of all, youth clothing. Thus, young fashionistas and not quite mature beauties will definitely find themselves in this style. And where can you wear such clothes? There are enough places where this outfit would be appropriate:
- Summer for walks or the beach. On the beach, the look can be completed with a playful swimsuit and pareo.
- Date. Of course, depending on where it will take place. But for a trip to a cafe, a restaurant, a movie, a boat trip or a trip to friends, the "doll" style is perfect. Any man will be delighted and pleasantly surprised if his chosen one comes on a date in this way.
- Graduation or similar solemn event. The Baby Doll dress itself is a bright and festive outfit. And it is perfect for special occasions, including birthdays and any other festive dates. Of course, it is worth considering whether it is the anniversary of the grandfather, or the birthday of a friend. It is necessary to select an image according to the occasion. The Baby Doll outfit will be especially relevant at any thematicparties.
Baby Doll accessories
Of course, each Baby Doll dress is charming and original in its own way. But the image will not be complete without additional elements. Namely, accessories and shoes.
- High wedge sandals.
- Bright flats with bow and sequin fittings.
- High-heeled platform shoes.
With certain types of shoes and dresses, you can wear lace knee socks or socks.
- Body crosses.
- Mini clutches in bright colors, sequins and lace.
Jewellery should be discreet and unobtrusive. Lovely beads and bracelets, saturated colors rings. The main thing is not to cross the line when charm becomes bad taste. Avoid massive jewelry, as well as large bags and shoes with a huge platform and thick heels.
Youth clothing in the Baby Doll style has always been and will remain relevant. The most important thing to remember when choosing this style is that he does not like busting. It is enough to deviate a little - and the image will cease to be cute and feminine. He will become either too childish or even vulgar.