Pearl necklaces are classic jewelry pieces. They are suitable for almost any occasion. Pearl necklaces have a touch of elegance and go with both casual wear and evening wear. These are the jewelry that instantly increase self-esteem, make you more feminine, sophisticated and form the image of a successful lady.
When and with what to wear pearl necklaces?
Wedding is one of the best options. A delicate, neat necklace made of natural pearls will suit most styles of dresses and emphasize the beauty of the bride. But her guests can also show off their jewelry in all its glory - they will go well with elegant clothes.
In addition, pearls are associated with confidence, grace and elegance. Therefore, it is ideal for softening a strict business suit and giving it a touch of restrained femininity. Wear pearl necklaces to job interviews, important business meetings, conferences andseminars.
For all occasions
Don't be fooled into thinking that only special occasions are worth wearing real sea pearls. The necklace can also be paired with more informal attire. For example, actress Grace Kelly - a model of sophistication and elegance - almost all the time she wore a thread with pearls both in everyday life and on the screen. And with a business suit, and with a wedding dress, and even with a blouse and safari-style trousers, such decoration looked appropriate.
You can pair pearls with jeans or create romantic retro looks with skirts and dressy blouses. A picnic, a date, a meeting with friends or a social reception - pearls are always appropriate, as Jacqueline Kennedy said.
The ability to combine different things and accessories is a talent that can never stop improving. A pearl necklace pairs best with pearl earrings, but opting for modest studs or pearl dangle earrings is up to you.
Gemstones can also fit well into the ensemble, but only if they are medium-sized and discreet in design, otherwise all attention will go to them and the image will turn out to be overloaded.
Diamond stud earrings are the kind of jewelry that perfectly sets off pearls without overshadowing them. This also includes thin gold bracelets with interesting weaving.
Don't matchpearls with clothes of neon colors - against their background it will be very faded. But with pastel colors, too, you should not be zealous. Strict styles, neutral shades and pearls can add age to you. And a color that is close to but different from the shade of the beads gives the impression of untidy.
Wine, blue, scarlet and other dark dramatic colors are great as a background for pearls, they will stand out especially brightly.
This factor most often dictates what it is best worn with:
- 30-35 cm - the shortest length - such a necklace is called a collar, and, as a rule, it consists of several strands of pearls. It pairs well with boat necks, V-necks or strapless dresses, and is best paired with evening wear.
- 35-40 cm - choker necklace is a versatile accessory that matches almost any neckline and style of clothing.
- 43-48 cm - this necklace is called "princess". This length is considered classic, it is enough to wear over high-collared outfits, but it looks no less beautiful with low-cut things. If you are in doubt about what size of thread to choose, or if you want to buy an expensive piece of jewelry that will last you for decades and will go well with everything - choose "princess".
- 66-90 cm - opera necklace. It can be worn either simply in the form of a single thread, or wrapped around the neck twice and get a multi-layered necklace. BUTYou can tie a knot at the end. Traditionally paired with evening wear, this piece of jewelry is increasingly being paired with casual wear.
- More than 90 cm - "rope" necklace. This is a luxurious decoration, to which Coco Chanel herself had an extraordinary affection. It can be worn in dozens of ways: as a thread, wrapped around the neck several times, wrapped around the arm as a bracelet, tied in a knot, thrown over the back to decorate a backless dress, etc.
In addition to length, pearl necklaces can differ from each other in dozens of other parameters.
For example, the size of beads. A necklace of the same length, but with pearls of different diameters, will have a completely different look. It used to be that the older the wearer, the larger the beads can be, but now many young fashionistas indulge in the pleasure of wearing catchy massive jewelry.
But not only perfectly shaped pearls can be beautiful. We must not forget that this is not just a precious stone, but a real natural material that is formed by a living being. Therefore, pearls of interesting colors and irregular shapes can look no less attractive. Especially if they are collected in a harmonious and whimsical composition:
The black pearl necklace is a rare and elegant piece of jewelry suitable for the most solemn occasions. Hollywood stars often prefer him on the red carpet. Black pearl demands morecareful selection of outfit and other accessories to it. Try not to overload the image with details and make sure that the shade of the beads is in harmony with the color of the clothes.
If dark tones are too dramatic for you, then pay attention to the pearls of pastel colors - warm beige, pink, lilac. It looks unconventional, elegant and will go well with different things.
Gold necklace with pearls is a real decoration of any jewelry collection. An elegant thread with several beads or a necklace in which they are combined with small elements of precious metal - such a piece of jewelry will cost a considerable amount, but it also looks like a king.
If you still want to focus only on pearls, then do not forget that it can also be a rich golden color. This is one of the rarest and most expensive varieties.