Buying a gift for the next celebration is always a responsible task. And although stores can offer dozens of gift options, making a choice is often difficult. Congratulating a loved one on the New Year, birthday or wedding day, the donor wants to invest a piece of his soul and warmth in a gift. It is not always possible to do this with a store item. However, there is another way out - easy DIY gifts that even a beginner can make.
How to choose the right gift
In order for the present to be really pleasant and appropriate, it is worth considering a few tips.
- Reason. Most hand-made products can be classified as universal, but there are those that are suitable only for a certain celebration. So, bright New Year's decor accessories will be out of place for a birthday or other holiday. The same can be said for a pair of glasses hand-decorated for the newlyweds.
- Relationships. It is worth remembering that light do-it-yourself gifts (as well as purchasedgifts) should take into account the relationship between the giver and the recipient. For colleagues, you can make cute trinkets, stylish and elegant. It is better for father, brother and other males to choose more strict concise presents. When making presents for mothers, grandmothers, sisters and aunts, no rigid framework can be observed. Such gifts should be cute, warm and sincere.
- Hobbies. To understand what kind of gift you can make on your own, you should take a closer look at his hobbies and hobbies.
Top 15 most successful handmade gifts
Experts on the choice of gifts have prepared a list of successful presents that everyone can make. It is not necessary to follow these recommendations exactly, this list can be used as a basis.
- Name cards (this is the best way to make a gift for mom with your own hands quickly and easily).
- Handmade soap.
- Candles (including aromatic ones).
- Photo frames.
- Candy bouquets.
- Compositions of sweets.
- Interior toys.
- Printed bag.
- New Year's (Christmas) wreath.
- Christmas toys on the Christmas tree.
- String art paintings.
- Handmade photo album.
- Diaper cake.
- 3D letters and numbers.
Some of the above ideas require more detailed study.
The production of author's postcards is called cardmaking. The advantage of this gift isversatility - depending on the drawings and warm wishes inside, such a product can be presented to any celebration to any person. Plus, anyone can make this easy DIY birthday gift.
In cardmaking, there are several directions that differ in the materials used and the method of manufacture:
- decoupage (special napkins and cards are used for decoration);
- embroidery with ribbons, cross or beads;
- quilling (paper rolling);
- Kazan women.
Making such, say, DIY Mother's Day gifts is easy, and the result exceeds all expectations.
So, you will need:
- double-sided colored cardboard;
- strips of quilling paper of the desired color (they can be replaced with A4 colored paper);
- PVA glue;
- a few rhinestones.
In this case, light green, yellow and black paper is used. Long strips of the same width are cut from yellow paper.
- Using a toothpick, the strip is twisted into a tight roll and released. When the turns of the spiral primus free position, the edge of the strip is fixed with PVA glue. To form a petal, such a free spiral must be crushed with your fingers - the result will be a product in the form of a drop. The number of such elements should be equal to the number of flowerpetals.
- For the manufacture of leaves, you can cut strips with a smaller width. In this case, the free spiral must be crushed not from one, but from two sides.
- The core of the flower is made of black paper, while the roll should remain tight. To do this, after twisting the spiral, do not let go, but immediately fix the tip with glue.
- All elements are assembled into a composition and glued to a base sheet folded in half. As a decor, you can add a few beads and rhinestones.
Making such a gift with your own hands is easy and fast, and the result is really amazing.
Soap making has become widespread over the past few years. Masters make real masterpieces in the form of desserts, figurines of people and animals.
After shopping, you can come to the conclusion that homemade cosmetics are expensive, so they are perfect as a present. Meanwhile, making such a gift with your own hands is easy and simple, just purchase the necessary materials and tools:
- soap base (100g for 1 finished bar);
- dyes (special);
Those who have just decided to try themselves as a soap maker should choose the simplest way to make.
- Cut off about 100 g of the base and arrange in 2 glasses. To give a liquid state, the base must be heated in the microwave. To do this, you need to turn on the device for 30seconds to maximum power. The result should be a mass with the consistency of sour cream.
- 3-4 drops of dye should be dropped into one glass, and how much dye of a different color should be dropped into another glass. The mass is thoroughly stirred.
- The selected flavor is also added to one and the other glass (you should choose one flavor).
- When the mixtures are prepared, the contents of two glasses are simultaneously poured into the soap mold. Should not be mixed. Sprinkle the top with alcohol and leave for 1-1.5 hours.
Candy and chocolate are the products that most people like, so both children and adults will be delighted with such a gift. However, no matter how tasty the sweetness is, a present in the form of a chocolate bar is not the most original solution.
However, it's worth spending an hour of your time, and ordinary sweets will turn into a real masterpiece of hand-0made. The following video will tell you how to make a light gift of sweets with your own hands.
You can give such an original product to children for any occasion. For adults, such a present will come in handy for the New Year, birthday, March 8, Valentine's Day.
If the recipient is male, candy and drink can be replaced with non-alcoholic beer, chips, nuts and other snacks. Such a creative approach will certainly be appreciated, and the cost of the presentation will be quite acceptable.
Speaking of bouquets of sweets, you can not get aroundattention to another direction of this subject - compositions from sweets. As in the previous version, the cost of the presentation will be small, but the impressions will be vivid, and the gift will be memorable.
One of the options is a light gift made with your own hands from a bottle of alcohol (champagne or wine) and chocolates. This will require half an hour of free time and some tools and materials.
For such a composition you will need
- a bottle of champagne (or wine);
- yellow semi-circular candies with a flat base;
- corrugated paper yellow;
- green papyrus paper;
- hot glue gun.
You need to act in the following order.
- Squares 66 cm in size are cut out of yellow paper according to the number of sweets.
- The bottle is tightly wrapped in foil and secured.
- The flat part of the candy is glued to a square of corrugated paper, and then to the bottle.
- You need to start gluing candy from the bottom in a circle and gradually move up. Candies should fit snugly together. The corners of the paper squares should be slightly bent up.
- 8-10 long leaves are cut out of green papyrus paper, fixed on the neck of the bottle and tied with a harsh thread.
If desired, this technique can be used to decorate the bottle in any other color (for example, white for a wedding, dark blue for an anniversary). In this case, green leaves are not required.
If the task is to make an easy and beautiful gift with your own hands, you should pay attention to photo frames. Such cute trinkets will help keep warm memories of the bright days of life and decorate the interior.
The easiest way is to take a ready-made photo frame as a basis and decorate it as you wish. To do this, you can choose one of the proposed techniques.
- In quilling technique. From rolled strips of bright paper, you can create a floral or geometric arrangement. Such a product will bring a touch of joy to any interior.
- Decoupage. With this approach, the surface of the frame will turn into a fun comic or a stylish picture.
- Fabric. If the recipient of the gift has a special weakness for retro, Provence or vintage style, it is worth sewing a fabric frame, while thick cardboard can be used as a base.
- Button decor. In this design there is a special attraction and warmth. The finished frame is pasted over with multi-colored buttons. In this case, the buttons can be glued in a certain order or randomly.
- Marine design. This option can be called a truly win-win, as the delicate design of shells with white beads will hardly leave anyone indifferent.
In the list of easy do-it-yourself gifts for mom or grandmother is a decorative sofa cushion. In this case, you can go two ways.
- Sew an unusual pillowcase for an already finished sofa cushion. This will require a fresh idea.decor, a small piece of fabric, lace, buttons, sequins, ribbons and other materials for decoration.
- Sew a pillow from scratch. Choosing this option, you can not hold back your imagination and make not a square, but a figured product. It can be a thoughtful cloud, a lazy fat cat, a wise owl and any other character.
Make easy DIY gifts for the New Year
New Year is the main holiday of winter. At this time, it is customary to give gifts, and the more unusual and magical they are, the better. Hand-made will help solve this problem in the best way.
Shiny Christmas decorations
It is not necessary to have special skills to make Christmas decorations, you just need to show as much imagination as possible. Clear glass beads, which can be purchased at the store, will help with this. In addition, you will need:
- PVA glue;
- small sequins (any color);
With the help of a brush, a pattern is applied to the Christmas ball with glue. It can be the outline of a particular subject or just curls. Without waiting for the glue to harden, the ball is carefully sprinkled with sparkles.
In the list of easy New Year's gifts with your own hands, one cannot fail to name a ball with a photo. Making this souvenir will require no more than half an hour of free time and some financial costs. Meanwhile, for parents or grandmothers, such a present will be truly priceless. To do this, prepare:
- transparent Christmas ball;
- photo (its size should be slightly smaller than the size of the ball);
- decorative snowflakes.
The ball is opened, a rolled-up photo is placed in it and carefully straightened. When the photo is ready, with the help of a spatula, decorative snow is poured and the ball is clogged.
String art paintings
If the hero of the occasion is a lover of cute interior decorations or, on the contrary, a connoisseur of individual style and extravagance, you can present a picture made using the string art technique (from the word string - rope).
To make this easy DIY gift you will need:
- wooden board according to the size of the picture;
- drawing paper;
- small nails;
- colorful threads.
The desired pattern is applied to the paper and fixed on a wooden board. After that, with the help of a hammer, nails are hammered around the perimeter of the pattern. The pitch is 2-2.5 cm.
The next step is working with the thread. One of its ends is fixed on any nail. After that, the thread is intertwined between the nails in such a way that there is no free space left. In conclusion, the thread is fixed on any nail. In this technique, you can safely use not one color of threads, but several, the main thing is that they are in harmony with each other.
For romantic natures, as an easy gift for the New Year, you can make a beautiful stylish candlestick with your own hands.
This will require:
- glass small vase;
- matte glass blend;
- glass sticker;
The vase must be thoroughly washed and wiped dry. The glass must be free of dirt and dust. Using a brush, a thick layer of matting agent is applied to the glass. This step is best done with rubber gloves to prevent skin contact.
In this state, the product should remain for 15-20 minutes. After this time, the remnants of the product are washed off with running water and the vase is allowed to dry. The selected sticker is glued onto a dry surface and a candle is placed inside the vase. The finished product can be used independently or prepared for a gift to relatives and friends.