Yellow color is at the peak of fashion. And it is not just words. The Panton Color Institute has included yellow as one of the top 10 trending colors this season. What goes with yellow? What do psychologists say about this “sunny” color? How to choose your shade of yellow? Let's collect positive images that will emphasize your natural beauty.
Psychology of "sunny" color
Activity, energy, cheerfulness - and it's all about the yellow tint. Usually it is chosen by avid optimists who are open to communication and everything new. This is the color of creative people.
The light yellow shade has a slight calming effect on its owner.
Despite the bright tone, psychologists "prescribe" the yellow color to absolutely everyone. Moreover, age, position and even the time of year do not matter. Moreover, on cloudy “sad” autumn or winter days, experts strongly recommend putting on a sunny positive mood. Otherwise, how can you disperse the autumn seasonal depression?
In ancient times, yellow was considered a divine color. He was chosen by the upper classes as the main for theirrobes.
But people in the Middle Ages preferred dark colors, neglecting to dress in yellow.
In the Gothic era, the desire to dress brightly in a "sunny" mood is back in fashion. Ladies literally shone at the balls in sunny palettes.
In the 19th century, restraint and seriousness of color in the wardrobe returned to fashion again. Standing out from the crowd recently seemed bad manners.
Today it is yellow that is used by world-famous fashion designers, offering their fans various fashion experiments.
Yellow color has almost fifty shades. They differ in saturation, lightness and brightness:
- Fawn - a combination of pink, white and yellow. This shade belongs to pastel colors. What goes with yellow fawn? With beige, blue, green, turquoise, coral and grey.
- Cream shade - bleached color. It suits girls with blond wheaten hair.
- Canary is a pure shade of yellow. This shade is perfect for refreshing the look. It can be combined with light pink, light brown and ultraviolet. Brunettes, canary shade is yours.
- Neon shade of yellow is perfect for swarthy beauties.
- Golden (saffron) is a dark golden shade that fits perfectly in the cool season. You need to combine this shade with brown scale, red, dark blue, beige and green.
- Lemon is a juicy shade of yellow with a light green tint. The shade is perfectfor the summer. In order to emphasize the saturation of the color, you need to arm yourself with darker colors. For example, blue, burgundy, black and purple are the perfect colors for creating a bright, balanced look.
- Chartreuse is a shade of yellow with a green component. This shade is bright, energetic and refreshing. It is a bit like pear color. Looks good on red-haired girls.
- Mustard is a warm shade that won't suit everyone. If a girl has pale skin, then it’s better not to even try on mustard. Paleness will only be emphasized. Mustard shade goes well with dark blue, red-brown, beige.
- Amber is a dark yellow hue dominated by orange. This tone is deep and rich.
Buttery, banana, honey and corn are rare shades of yellow.
Choose your "sun"
You need to be able to choose your shade of yellow. Remember what color type you have. Designers and colorists distribute the color of the sun according to the basic color types:
- "Spring" - warm tones of yellow that are a little close to an orange hue: amber, mustard. And also all light shades of yellow are ideal for this color type, namely: champagne, corn and lemon.
- "Autumn" - shades of golden, French mustard, saffron and yellow-orange tones emphasize natural beauty.
- "Winter" - choose cool shades of yellow: lemon, mimosa, canary, chartreuse.
- "Summer" - pastel colors are suitable: wheat, fawn, cream, corn.
Pay attention toyellow with blue undertones.
What color goes well with yellow in clothes?
"Sunny" color is considered to be the most "friendly". It goes well with almost all other shades. However, there are several color combinations with which the main thing is not to overdo it. For example, black and lemon involuntarily evokes associations with a bee or wasp. However, there were no clear rules in fashion. Therefore, today you can safely combine even the most incompatible.
What goes with yellow? Consider the most successful color combinations:
Yellow + white. This is the most common fashion ensemble of colors, which is often resorted to by world designers. This color combination is considered a classic. Both colors are quite self-sufficient. And in combination they create an alluring, and most importantly, memorable image
- Yellow + pink. Delicate romantic outfit is formed with a unique combination of yellow and pink. Moreover, you can create any image: from dynamic (with a touch of fuchsia, amaranth) to pastel (in combination with ash-dusty pink or powder). This combination has one fashion rule: dynamic pink is combined with the same yellow, and muted yellow is combined with delicate shades of pink.
- Black + yellow. A strict and contrasting image will turn out in such a combination of colors. The most winning option: one thing is yellow, and all the rest are black. Black-yellow - one hundred percent hit if the sunny image is complemented with black accessories. For example, a canary dress with a black clutch and strictblack pumps.
- Yellow + b/w. Demanded business and win-win image. This unique combination of colors can flatter your figure and still look spectacular and bright if you wear a pencil skirt or tailored trousers with a white blouse, and throw a wheat jacket on top.
- Yellow + grey. This combination is very soft, harmonious and calm. As an alternative to gray - marengo, coal, gray, steel, slate and anthracite. To create a business image, it is best to choose a muted light shade of yellow that is not flashy. But a bright saturated tone of yellow (lemon, neon, pear) can be safely used in light summer looks for informal events. And if you complete the look with accessories in silver metallic color, then you can safely go to a party or a nightclub.
- Yellow + blue. Sky and sun - the first associations arise at the sight of this combination. Many mistakenly believe that the combination of these colors is only allowed to be worn in summer looks. However, the business dress code does not prohibit moderate brightness. Moreover, the combination of blue and yellow is mega-relevant. The perception and general mood of the image depends on the saturation of the blue color. For example, an electrician or ultramarine will make the look even brighter. To create a soft and delicate look, pay attention to shades of cornflower blue, denim and cadmium. To balance the brightness, the composition can be diluted with white, beige and brown.
Yellow + red. Despite the fact that these two colors are warm tones, they blend well with each other. If yellow is supplemented with a scarlet shade of red, you get a bright and dynamic image. Get ready for admiring glances from the outside. However, such a bold color combination can visually quickly tire. To “mute” the flashy range, stylists recommend adding neutral tones to the image (beige, snow-white, gray and even terracotta)
Yellow + burgundy. If you want to look stylish and interesting, but still bright, then try combining yellow with burgundy (and its shades: marsala, burgundy, wine, carmine, cherry). From the yellow palette, select those shades in which there is an admixture of orange. For example, mustard, chartreuse, saffron and golden undertones go great with burgundy
Yellow + brown. Natural, cozy and natural - this is exactly what can be said about the image in which yellow, brown, orange colors are successfully intertwined. The coffee shade of brown looks interesting in addition to the wheat undertone of yellow
Purple with yellow. A set with such a combination of colors will look expressive and original. Selected accessories accentuate charcoal, milky, snow white, navy and crimson
Yellow pantsuit always lookseffective, modern and stylish. The paradigm that a trouser suit should be only for office work has long faded into the background. Modern designers have long transferred such an outfit to the rank of everyday wear and clothing for special occasions. Many women notice that when they put on a pantsuit, they feel more confident in themselves and their abilities. And men say that a woman in a suit is a complete mystery. Therefore, feel free to acquire both confidence and mystery along with the costume. Would it come in handy?! See an example of the current pantsuit in the main photo.
How to wear "sunny" clothes?
What is combined with yellow in images? Stylists recommend not to be afraid of an outfit in one color. Total look in yellow looks really sunny, positive and expressive.
Probably every fashionista dreams of a yellow summer dress. And not by accident. The perfect look for summer is a “sunny” dress in combination with a denim jacket or T-shirt. As additional accessories, golden sandals, a mint bag or backpack and a creative necklace around the neck can be used.
A floor-length yellow dress is a luxury that does not require accessories. The dress is sufficient on its own. Only small details can be added: a watch bracelet, a small clutch.
A t-shirt or top in a bright lemon color is a basic item in the wardrobe of a modern girl. The Lemon T-shirt can be worn with skinny jeans or a midi or mini skirt.
And if you add a yellow T-shirt with sneakers and a bright bomber jacket, you get a bright image of sport chic. The field for fashion experiments is open.
Yellow women's jacket is the main color accent in the image. Consider the most successful stylish combinations:
- gray dress, pumps, wheat jacket;
- straight milk dress, amber blazer, high heeled sandals;
- jeans (boyfriends, mom or skinny), white top or blouse, sunny jacket.
Try experimenting on your own.
Wide, skinny, high-waisted, cropped - choose the ones that show off your figure.
In combination with a snow-white or black blouse, you get a business look.
With the advent of the first cold autumn days, we often refuse to wear bright outerwear. And we immerse ourselves even more in the autumn blues and depression, dressing in gloomy dark tones. But in vain! Do you have a yellow jacket in your wardrobe? What to wear? Don't be afraid to experiment!
In order to be in trend, remember the "sunny" outerwear. What to wear with a yellow jacket? It fits well with any style without exception. Consider the most successful "sunny" sets, in which there is a jacket in a sunny bright color:
- Leopard sweatshirt (mega trend), black leather shorts andhigh heel ankle boots. As an addition - a yellow short leather jacket. The image is ready! And it will be chosen by the most daring fashionistas.
- Dark gray jeans, snow-white shirt, reddish cowboy-style boots. A yellow jacket will add brightness to the image.
- White pants, light orange jumper and rough boots.
Try some fashion experiments with a yellow coat. It is the hit of this fashion season. A fitted yellow classic coat will perfectly emphasize the harmony of your figure.
Chanel-style collarless coats are as relevant as ever. Slender girls with fragile shoulders need to take note of this style of outerwear.
An elongated yellow coat looks bright and organic on stately tall girls who are not afraid to be in the spotlight.
If a girl has wide hips, then she should pay attention to an A-line coat.
Oversized coats have been on the fashion pedestal for several seasons in a row.
The cocoon style coat looks spectacular on thin girls. Thanks to the volume of the form of outerwear, your slender legs and thin wrists will appear even more sophisticated.
Pay attention to the lemon bright juicy color of the coat. To dare to buy such a bright outfit is quite difficult, because it is not a dress or a T-shirt. But if you are eccentric and bold and can afford to buy such a coat, then do not delay the purchase. You won't regret it.
The combination with yellow should look very neat in the image. If you chose bright lemon pumps, then they should dominate the look. Try pairing these trendy shoes with a solid white dress, jeans and a neutral, calm jacket.
Timberlands, sneakers, sneakers, ankle boots and boots in sunny color will look relevant.
Makeup and manicure
You don't have to be afraid of the "sun" in makeup. Only it must be done very carefully so that the makeup does not emphasize the imperfections of the skin. Bright colors can make skin even paler.
If you are doing evening makeup, then it involves the use of golden shades, sparkles and even false eyelashes for expressiveness of the look.
In a manicure, yellow looks interesting in combination with silver, black, white and gold.
The combination with yellow is a drop of optimism in our everyday life. Therefore, please yourself and those around you with a sunny mood!