T-shirt is in the wardrobe of each of us. These are comfortable clothes that are suitable for almost all occasions: for sports, walking, going to a club or even being at home. While tight-fitting T-shirts are usually worn by women, men's T-shirts need to be carefully ironed. How to iron a T-shirt correctly so as not to ruin it?
6 essential tips
Daily clothes should not only be clean, but also well-ironed. Let's look at six basic rules that will help you save time when ironing and not ruin your favorite thing.
First tip: T-shirts with slogans should be turned inside out before ironing. If the print is printed on the front and back, then put a clean white sheet of paper inside. The drawings won't stick together like that.
If there are sequins, rhinestones or appliqués on a T-shirt, then, of course, they cause inconvenience during heat treatment.
So, when ironing T-shirts withwith similar decorative ornaments, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Heat treatment - only from the wrong side of the product, for the front part it is best to use a steamer.
- While ironing from the wrong side, do not touch the soleplate of the iron to the surface on which the decor is applied.
- If the sticker is made of rubber, then this area should only be ironed through very thick paper.
- If there are buttons on a T-shirt, then it must be taken into account that such details are very sensitive to high temperature. When ironing, it is better to avoid the places to which they are sewn. You can only walk with your nose on the fabric near the button.
Second advice: if the T-shirt is bright or dark, then it needs to be ironed inside out. Otherwise, leave shiny marks on the seams.
Third advice: read what is written on the label. How to iron a T-shirt? Be sure to read the instructions for use before ironing.
Fourth tip: iron small details first: sleeves, collar, peplum, pockets. Then go to the main part.
Fifth tip: in order not to stretch the thing while ironing, decide on the direction.
Sixth tip: After ironing, hang the T-shirt on a coat hanger and leave to cool completely.
After which the product can be folded. This way you can avoid creasing the fabric, which is difficult to iron.
How to iron cotton?
Cotton is the most unpretentious material among others. It is very easy to iron it. However, there is no need to deviate from certain rules:
- The optimum temperature for steaming cotton threads is 200 degrees.
On cotton fabric, it is best to straighten the bends with moisture, namely:
cover the product with wet gauze; put the iron on the "Steam" function; spray the fabric with a spray bottle.
Iron the T-shirt slightly damp after washing.
How to iron polyester?
This is a synthetic material that is afraid of high temperatures. How to iron a polyester T-shirt?
- To avoid wrinkles, dry the T-shirt on a flat, horizontal surface. Before this, carefully align the problem areas.
- Place the t-shirt on the ironing board without kinks.
- Place damp, clean gauze on top of the product.
- On the iron, set the "Silk" mode.
- Iron gently, without pressing hard.
Polyester products are not recommended to be ironed, they must be dried properly.
Iron viscose and silk
How to iron a viscose or silk T-shirt? These materials are not recommended to be ironed at all. Since such fabrics almost do not crumple. However, if there is a need to use an iron, then first hang the product in a steamed bathroom. Give the T-shirt a set amount of time to heal.
After that, you need to follow some rules when ironing silk or viscose products:
- set the minimum heating temperature of the iron (up to 100 degrees);
- iron the item only withinside out;
- use only the tip of the iron when ironing, almost without touching the fabric;
- if there are places that don't need ironing, don't iron them.
If a product made of silk or viscose directly comes into contact with the iron, then you risk simply ruining the thing.
Many mistakenly believe that ironing knitwear is not necessary. They look pretty good on the outside as well. But this is a huge mistake. Knitwear, like any other fabric, needs a special kind of ironing. At least, at least from time to time.
The main rule: do not set the temperature on the iron too high. Otherwise, the jersey under the influence of strong heat treatment may lose its original attractive appearance.
If you have a knitted T-shirt with long sleeves, then you need to start ironing with them. Iron each sleeve separately on both sides. Then move on to the front of the shirt. Here, start by ironing the collar. And finish ironing the back. To facilitate the process, use the steam of the iron or spray.
How to iron a polo?
During ironing, all odors and dirt increase. Therefore, you need to iron only clean things. And pour only purified water into the steam generator of the iron.
Turn the garment inside out before ironing. It is this product that needs to be ironed in the following sequence:
- side seams;
- shelves and back;
- then turn the product on the front side and againiron.
If the polo has a chest pocket, then it must be ironed both outside and inside.
When ironing the sleeves, do not form arrows on them. Now it is irrelevant and is considered bad taste. It is best to iron the sleeves in a circle without forming an arrow. To do this, you need to buy a special device. Outwardly, it resembles a mini ironing board. Usually sold as a set.
How to iron a T-shirt without an iron?
Most often, when traveling, there is no iron at hand. Forgotten or just did not fit in the suitcase? No problem! If a neat T-shirt is urgently needed, then it can be put in order without an iron or steamer. How to iron a T-shirt without an iron? Try one of the ways convenient for you:
- Lay out the clothes on a flat surface. Smooth it out with damp palms.
- Spray water from a spray bottle on the product, put on a slightly damp T-shirt. She will dry on you.
- Hang a T-shirt over a hot tub.
These simple recommendations will help you always look neat. Moreover, the perfect look of a T-shirt can be given without an iron or a steamer.